Feb 10, 2019
- a fly that bites livestock, especially a horsefly.
- an annoying person, especially one who provokes others into
action by criticism.
- a person who interferes with the status quo of a society or
community by posing novel, potently upsetting questions, usually
directed at authorities. The term is originally associated with the
ancient Greek philosopher Socrates, in his defense when on trial
for his life.
One way to make the world 1% better is by becoming number 3.
Visit onepercentbetterproject.com -Gadlfies
Here’s a gadfly starter kit of questions worth asking:
- How will we know it’s working?
- What is the opposing side’s most compelling argument?
- What is the risk of doing nothing on this?
- How many stakeholders have identified this as a problem worth
- Have any similar organizations tried to tackle this
- Why this, why now?
- If we could wave a magic wand and solve this problem, what
would the return on our time and energy investment be for our
- How can I help?
As always, thanks for listening.